Call now to book your spot for our next wine dinner on Dec. 2nd!
(Limited spots available – View menus below)
The TEXAS Obsession with Cleanliness – A Recap
Update: In addition to requiring employees to self-screen for symptoms before coming in to work and encouraging customers to do the same, we are using contactless infrared thermometers to scan every employee’s temperature upon arrival at TEXAS.
Many of you know that our business has always hinged on an obsession with cleanliness. Naturally that hasn’t changed, only expanded as we implement additional measures to minimize the chances of Covid-19 (or any other infectious junk) communicating within our building.
Aside from following the everyday requirements of Richardson’s Health Department, Texas Health and Human Services, the US Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and other agencies as they pertain to food and drink handling and general cleaning, we are taking the below steps to keep our customers and staff safe:
– More frequent and more in-depth cleaning and sanitizing throughout the day, particularly of high-touch areas (doors, handles, faucets, tabletops and counters, etc.)
– Single-use menus that will be disposed of after use by a single customer.
– Physical distancing between parties, including those who are waiting to be seated.
– Availability of hand sanitizer stations for customers as well as employees in key areas (main entrance, restrooms).
– Table service items will not be pre-set on tables prior to guests being seated. Additionally, condiments will be available upon request and all containers will be sanitized between uses.
– Use of fabric face coverings by staff as necessary when physical distancing with guests is not possible.
– Appropriate disinfecting and cleaning procedures by all staff, and screening of staff prior to work shifts for symptoms that would require being sent home and/or quarantine procedures to be followed.
We ask and encourage our guests to help by following the same physical distancing and handwashing procedures, as well as the Restaurant Customers Checklist available at open.texas.gov
Thank you for being a part of the TEXAS family and helping us keep our restaurant and community safe – and operating!